- 12 bedded dorm – From 16.50 GBP
- 10 bedded dorm – From 17.95 GBP
- 8 bedded dorm – From 17.95 GBP
- 6 bedded dorm – From 18.95 GBP
- 4 bedded dorm – From 18.95 GBP
- 2 bedded dorm – From 22.50 GBP
In order to secure your reservation, we require credit card details or pre-payment by cheque.
GROUP BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Group bookings are those where 4 or more people wish to book. Please note that if you are travelling with/meeting up with friends staying in house then you ARE a group. Anyone found trying to bypass our group booking terms and conditions by booking individually will have their reservation cancelled. This is for the security and comfort of all our guests.
Reservations made more than 2 weeks in advance
Reservations more than 2 weeks in advance can be confirmed by paying a deposit of 10% of the total amount owed. This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
The remainder of the amount is due 2 weeks prior to arrival.After this period, if no full payment has been received, the booking can be removed. Although the group leader will always be advised before the reservation is cancelled the booking can be removed if contact with the group leader is not possible.
Reservations made less than 2 weeks in advance
Reservations made less than 2 weeks in advance can be confirmed only by paying the total amount owed.
ALBATROSS BACKPACKERS IN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL A RESERVATION IF PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET
Children aged 16 and under
Children under 16 will not be accommodated at the hostel unless accompanied by an adult, who will be responsible for the conduct and their personal safety at all times.
Groups are not expected to share with any guest who is not part of their group.
If sole occupancy of a room is required, please note that all beds in the room must be paid for.
Groups are allocated rooms by gender, drivers are also not to be expected to share with either Leaders or group members.
Multi bedded reservations: For multi bedded reservations, male/female breakdown must be given at the time of booking unless mixed accommodation is suitable.
Increasing Group numbers
We can not guarantee to provide accommodation for additional people added to the group at a later date. If we are able to provide accommodation they may be placed in different rooms to the original booking.
Reducing group numbers
If the group number is reduced after the 10% deposit has been received but before the final payment has been made, we may reduce the final amount owed at our discretion.
- Payment can be made in person by cash or credit card, or over the phone or by bank transfer, and must be made in Pounds Sterling.
- Bank Transfer Payments – if paying by bank transfer please contact hostel directly, you can call Chris or Liane on 0191 233 1330 for the bank details. After the bank transfer is made, a copy of the transaction paperwork must be sent as proof of the transfer.
CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- Cancellation of a booking cannot be accepted unless it is received in writing (via email, fax or post) and is effective on the day that it is received.
- Cancellations will incur the following charges: More than 2 weeks No Fee Cancellation less then 14 days prior to the arrival date 100% of the total cost
- Amendments to bookings must be more than 2 weeks prior to arrival, and refund for beds cancelled is at the discretion of the hostel.
- Amendments made less than 2 weeks prior to the arrival date can result in full payment being taken for the unallocated beds.
INSURANCE / SECURITY DEPOSITS
- To minimize the risk of problems, group leaders will be responsible for the supervision and welfare of their group at all times.
- Each group member must pay a refundable bond of £20 in cash.
- Code of conduct form is required to be comleted by the group leader on arrival.
- Group organisers/group leaders will be held liable for any damages caused by their group and further payment will be taken from the credit card provided in booking to cover any costs incurred from damages.
- Damage includes, but is not limited to, any of the following
- broken furniture (bunks, beds, cupboards, tables, chairs etc….)
- broken windows
- damaged light fittings and globes
- grafitti or defacing of walls
- fire extinguishers being tampered with or used unnecessarily
ALBATROSS BACKPACKERS IN DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR THE DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL EFFECTS OF ANY MEMBER OR MEMBERS OF THE GROUP
- When a group enquiry is made, any information we give out regarding availability is correct at the time of the enquiry. Availability may change and Albatross Backpackers In can only guarantee bookings on receipt of a deposit or full payment subject to availablilty at the time of payment. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to honour a reservation, any payment made will be refunded to the group, with no further liability on our part.
- Upon the group’s arrival we require the group leader to sign in and show one of the following types of indentifications; passport, drivers licence or student card.
- Refundable key deposit of £5 is required by the hostel for every key we issue. This deposit is fully refundable provided no key has been lost or broken. We require that ALL guests have a key card for security and identity reasons.
- We request out of good practice that a guest list be forwarded as soon as it is available and we would appreciate if his is done according to booked rooms.
- Rates are per person, per night sharing in British Pounds Sterling and includes free tea, coffee and toast.
- If groups require towels to be provided a one off charge of £1.00 per person will be included in the accommodation bill.
- Meals (packed lunch, evening meals etc.) can be organised by prior arrangement on request for groups. Sample menus can be provided on request.
*Prices are subject to change and prices quoted will only be honoured once a deposit has been paid. Please note that for groups and during busy periods i.e. Great North Run, we request payment prior to arrival.